- Blabbing About Charters: The Myth of the “Bad” Public School
- Is This The End of Childhood As We Know It?
- Andrew Hacker, The Math Myth and the Economics of Book Publishing
- Learning About Sex Through Porn: The Stock Market Game as Simulation
- I’ve got a bone to pick with Jo Boaler…..
- The Death of Success Academy Charter Schools – Why 2016 Was Pivotal
- You mean I CAN’T improve my brain playing video games????
- Why Singapore Math Will Not Put The US At The Top
- You Are NOT Katherine Gibbs and Math Class is NOT Secretarial School….
- A Visit from the Language Police: Diamonds vs. Rhombi
- bad assessment
- charter schools
- Common Core State Standards
- educational malpractice
- Educational Psychology
- Go Math!
- GRE Freak OUt
- International Assessments
- key words
- Khan Academy
- Math Anxiety
- racial-urban-class warfare
- stacking the deck
- The New York Times
- urban-class warfare
- Value-Added Model
Monthly Archives: February 2016
I’m no fan of how the New York Times covers mathematics education, but every once in while they find someone who has an interesting voice and even an argument that stands up to even the most minimal scrutiny. Andrew Hacker … Continue reading
My 17 year old son goes to a pretty good high school, and for the most part, I have not interfered with the more nefarious activities so far as curriculum goes. It hasn’t been that easy: a few years back I … Continue reading