- Blabbing About Charters: The Myth of the “Bad” Public School
- Is This The End of Childhood As We Know It?
- Andrew Hacker, The Math Myth and the Economics of Book Publishing
- Learning About Sex Through Porn: The Stock Market Game as Simulation
- I’ve got a bone to pick with Jo Boaler…..
- The Death of Success Academy Charter Schools – Why 2016 Was Pivotal
- You mean I CAN’T improve my brain playing video games????
- Why Singapore Math Will Not Put The US At The Top
- You Are NOT Katherine Gibbs and Math Class is NOT Secretarial School….
- A Visit from the Language Police: Diamonds vs. Rhombi
- bad assessment
- charter schools
- Common Core State Standards
- educational malpractice
- Educational Psychology
- Go Math!
- GRE Freak OUt
- International Assessments
- key words
- Khan Academy
- Math Anxiety
- racial-urban-class warfare
- stacking the deck
- The New York Times
- urban-class warfare
- Value-Added Model
Category Archives: racial-urban-class warfare
I had to wait a few weeks to post this, because the whole situation made my blood boil, but now that the dog days of August are upon us, and my ire has had a chance to mutate to annoyance, … Continue reading
I’ve lived through my share of the outrageous when it comes to political pandering, having grown up in the days of Lyndon Johnson’s “Daisy” campaign advertisement, right up through Reagan’s “Cadillac Queen” to Bush the Elder’s take-down of presidential candidate … Continue reading
It was once said that “all politics is local,” and when it comes to education, it should best be construed as hyper-local: a parent who sends his/her kid to the neighborhood public school does not gives a rat’s arm over … Continue reading