- Blabbing About Charters: The Myth of the “Bad” Public School
- Is This The End of Childhood As We Know It?
- Andrew Hacker, The Math Myth and the Economics of Book Publishing
- Learning About Sex Through Porn: The Stock Market Game as Simulation
- I’ve got a bone to pick with Jo Boaler…..
- The Death of Success Academy Charter Schools – Why 2016 Was Pivotal
- You mean I CAN’T improve my brain playing video games????
- Why Singapore Math Will Not Put The US At The Top
- You Are NOT Katherine Gibbs and Math Class is NOT Secretarial School….
- A Visit from the Language Police: Diamonds vs. Rhombi
- bad assessment
- charter schools
- Common Core State Standards
- educational malpractice
- Educational Psychology
- Go Math!
- GRE Freak OUt
- International Assessments
- key words
- Khan Academy
- Math Anxiety
- racial-urban-class warfare
- stacking the deck
- The New York Times
- urban-class warfare
- Value-Added Model
Category Archives: Computation
I stop in to see K, our sixth grade teacher, who is twelve kinds of awesome and always quick with a witty phrase (it was from her where I learned to say “for all shits and giggles….”) K looked tense. I … Continue reading
There’s an old joke that if you put two Jews in a room to debate a question, they’ll inevitably emerge with three opinions. This comes about from the fact that Judaism is based on an ancient text written in an … Continue reading
For some reason, I’ve been on the email list of an outfit called “Conceptua Math” for the longest time. I think their products are terrible and I’m always amused by the amount of hyperbole they put into their different press … Continue reading