- Blabbing About Charters: The Myth of the “Bad” Public School
- Is This The End of Childhood As We Know It?
- Andrew Hacker, The Math Myth and the Economics of Book Publishing
- Learning About Sex Through Porn: The Stock Market Game as Simulation
- I’ve got a bone to pick with Jo Boaler…..
- The Death of Success Academy Charter Schools – Why 2016 Was Pivotal
- You mean I CAN’T improve my brain playing video games????
- Why Singapore Math Will Not Put The US At The Top
- You Are NOT Katherine Gibbs and Math Class is NOT Secretarial School….
- A Visit from the Language Police: Diamonds vs. Rhombi
- bad assessment
- charter schools
- Common Core State Standards
- educational malpractice
- Educational Psychology
- Go Math!
- GRE Freak OUt
- International Assessments
- key words
- Khan Academy
- Math Anxiety
- racial-urban-class warfare
- stacking the deck
- The New York Times
- urban-class warfare
- Value-Added Model
Category Archives: Junk
Jim Hightower, whom many of us in the over-40 set will remember as the plainspoken former Texas politician, once described former “president” George H.W. Bush as someone who “was born on third base and thinks he hit a triple.” Hightower was speaking … Continue reading
There’s an old joke that if you put two Jews in a room to debate a question, they’ll inevitably emerge with three opinions. This comes about from the fact that Judaism is based on an ancient text written in an … Continue reading
There’s an old joke about a man who goes to synagogue week after week, beseeching God to let him win the lottery. Weeks go by, years go by, decades go by, and the man dutifully asks for one thing only: … Continue reading
Bill Gates spent over $40,000,000 to fund the Common Core State Standards by donating to a variety of think tanks and teaching organizations. This is a review of Houghton-Mifflin- Harcourt’s “Go Math!”, one of the first curricula that is allegedly … Continue reading
For some reason, I’ve been on the email list of an outfit called “Conceptua Math” for the longest time. I think their products are terrible and I’m always amused by the amount of hyperbole they put into their different press … Continue reading