- Blabbing About Charters: The Myth of the “Bad” Public School
- Is This The End of Childhood As We Know It?
- Andrew Hacker, The Math Myth and the Economics of Book Publishing
- Learning About Sex Through Porn: The Stock Market Game as Simulation
- I’ve got a bone to pick with Jo Boaler…..
- The Death of Success Academy Charter Schools – Why 2016 Was Pivotal
- You mean I CAN’T improve my brain playing video games????
- Why Singapore Math Will Not Put The US At The Top
- You Are NOT Katherine Gibbs and Math Class is NOT Secretarial School….
- A Visit from the Language Police: Diamonds vs. Rhombi
- bad assessment
- charter schools
- Common Core State Standards
- educational malpractice
- Educational Psychology
- Go Math!
- GRE Freak OUt
- International Assessments
- key words
- Khan Academy
- Math Anxiety
- racial-urban-class warfare
- stacking the deck
- The New York Times
- urban-class warfare
- Value-Added Model
Monthly Archives: May 2014
As many of my loyal (and not so loyal) readers know, among the things I’m attempting this year is to help a K – 3 public school in an impoverished area of the Bronx implement an alleged “CCSS aligned” curriculum. … Continue reading
“Vox” is a website that claims to explain “everything you need to know in two minutes,” but it took me a lot less time than that to figure out this may the stupidest article about the Common Core math program … Continue reading
Dear Louis CK: Okay, I’m a fan and I love your work. End of fawning admiration. I want to talk to you dad-to-dad about your daughter’s homework, the Common Core, and the fate of the world. Seriously, I do. I’m … Continue reading